The Tweddle Hall Dollar Store

| No Comments
Pages from Wallaces Street and City Guide of Albany 1870_Page_06.png
There can be no doubt that in 1870, a "dollar store" had a different meaning than it does today. The Tweddle Hall Dollar Store of Albany, located in the landmark building long gone from the corner of State and Pearl, was proud of its white metal show cases, its "immence" stock of beautiful and desirable articles, and, perhaps not least, its polite and attentive young ladies.

Leave a comment

Share this!

Archives

OpenID accepted here Learn more about OpenID
Powered by Movable Type 5.2.3